Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My new found love..

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked veggies (most anyway), but lately, I. LOVE. VEGGIES!


**my sister is laughing at this**

I find myself craving spinach more than bacon. And if you know me, you know this is HUGE! I am known for becoming a loyal patron at my hometown diners IF they have fantastic bacon. Really.

Here's the thing. I have been reading, A LOT, about our country's food system. It sucks. I am completely taken aback by my recent discoveries. (I will go into more detail on this late, as this is a happy post)

Needless to say watching Food, Inc. = Veggie lover almost instantaneously!

So, I am getting creative in the kitchen and making things like the Fiesta Brown Rice in the photo above. Yes, that is homemade salsa to go with it!!!

 My husband loved it. But, the real test was my 11 year old that refuses he likes any veggie that isn't dipped in ranch....heaven forbid you call a dish vegetarian!!!!!!!!

The kid ate 3 bowls and took leftovers for lunch to school this morning! I may make a vegetarian out of him yet! So LOVING THIS!

Email me if you'd like the recipe.



No comments: