Friday, April 19, 2013

Our Max-Min (1month) Challenge!

Back story: Husband and I have been working really hard to pay off debt the past 1.5 years. We are finally half way thru. Now that we are over the hump, we have been discussing what we would like to do with our excess $$ once we get to the point we have no more loan/credit card debt to pay.

Fast forward to a month or so ago: The family as a whole, loves to camp. Since the beginning of our little family, we have all expressed the desire to travel out west (Grand Canyon, Yellow Stone etc). So, that's what we are going to do!

I have been researching RVs and other means of shelter for our journey. Making mental plans for such living arrangements. I am a planner, I can't help it. AND of course, we would have to do so as minimalist/eco as possible.

Which leads us to our challenge. The idea is to live in our current little home with  ONLY what we would have on the road with us. Which I have limited to 10 personal items each. Minimal kitchen and household items each. All of this I will elaborate more on as we go thru the month.

I am very excited to see how we do with this challenge, what each of us gets out of it. Maybe, we will see just how much stuff we can do with out, I can purge more from our daily lives!

No comments: