Wednesday, February 13, 2013

6 item challenge!







American humans have become so obsessed with fashion. Over consuming products that usually get shoved to the back of the closet never to see daylight again. Or thrown out to decay in our landfills for decades. Don't get me wrong, I use to be one of those humans...but not anymore. Here at 3 name house we have paired down to the minimum garments needed for our lifestyle and work. I have decided to challenge myself a bit further...

So, I have signed up for the 6 item challenge (thesixitemchallenge.com). The above photos show the 6 items (plus jeans and work cardi for work on Fridays and Saturdays). I will be mixing for the next 6 weeks to support Labor Behind the Lable. This non-profit is one I have been following for a while. I love what they stand for and decided it was my turn to get active! I will be taking donations to help them out if you are interested in doing so.

LBL is advocating for safer work environments for the garment industry and better pay wages for the people make your clothes. Get on over and check them out! When was the last time you stopped to think about who sat in a hot unhealthy work place and made that shirt you are wearing?

No comments: