Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My tiny house inspiration...

REDBUD RANCH 2013

This is the closest I can get to going home to the family farm. My Aunt Poppy & Unc Ed have taken this place from a 1.5 bedroom cottage to a rustic beauty that has inspired me in my own tiny home journey. ALL of the wood siding, fencing, mill work was done by my Uncle. The trees taken off the land and used in the expanding of the main house which now includes a summer kitchen and a few screened outdoor living areas, even a root cellar. All allowing access to my Aunt's garden and hen house. Growing up around here consisted of cannoe rides, bunny runs, picnics on pine hill, camping the summer nights away all of my cousins.  It is awesome to see it transform over the years. I strive to raise my boy with the values I learned here. And that the land provides all you need to live and grow and play. Trees do build a home, earth to grow food, woods to roam.

 Redbud is just around the corner from my grammy and grampy's farm where they raised their girls (all 6 of them!) and Gpa took us grandkids shooting and hiking when we where young.

This is as close to the family farm as I can get these days. Going to Poppy & Ed's is my way of going home. I am thankful I can share that with my son.

Do you have a "home" from your childhood to return to?

No comments: